About Shelby Farms Park Conservancy
Shelby Farms Park lies in the heart of Shelby County in Memphis, Tennessee on 4,500 acres of green space and 6.5 miles of urban trail. It’s a community treasure, unrivaled in size and potential anywhere else in the United States.
Shelby Farms Park Conservancy (the Conservancy) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that manages and operates Shelby Farms Park and the Shelby Farms Greenline in a public-private partnership with Shelby County Government. That means the land that comprises the Park and Greenline remains publicly owned, and the Conservancy is responsible for daily management, fundraising to meet operations budget needs, setting the vision for the Park’s future and stewarding its unique natural resources.
Desired Skills for Fellow
– Experience with Microsoft office (Excel, Word, etc.)
– Driver’s license & personal vehicle
– Sales experience
– People/conversational skills
– Ability to perform repetitive task such as stuffing envelopes
– Intermediate to advanced organizational skills
– Ability to manage multiple volutneer projects as needed
– Ability to work in fast paced environment at times
– Ability to recruit and engage partners for youth and adult programs
Purpose: To assist the Manager of Events + Programs in fulfilling Event planning/execution and assistance on establishment of Park programs.
– Assist in inventory of existing Shelby Farms Park merchandise
– Assist in planning and executing cash management procedure for events
– Recruit vendors + manage contracts for events
– Recruit and organize volunteer groups for Greenline Half Marathon
– Organize Summer Camp schedule along with partner recruitment
– Assist in recruiting school + community groups for Greenline Garden Workshop Series
– Organization of other programs as assigned by Manager of Events + Programs
– Occasional events to be worked on Saturdays and Sundays, which will be clearly planned to assist events + programs
For more information on Shelby Farms Park Conservancy, visit their website.