About Shelby Farms Park Conservancy
Shelby Farms Park lies in the heart of Shelby County in Memphis, Tennessee on 4,500 acres of green space and 6.5 miles of urban trail. It’s a community treasure, unrivaled in size and potential anywhere else in the United States.
Shelby Farms Park Conservancy (the Conservancy) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that manages and operates Shelby Farms Park and the Shelby Farms Greenline in a public-private partnership with Shelby County Government. That means the land that comprises the Park and Greenline remains publicly owned, and the Conservancy is responsible for daily management, fundraising to meet operations budget needs, setting the vision for the Park’s future and stewarding its unique natural resources.
Desired Skills for Fellow
– Experience with Microsoft office (Excel, Word, etc.)
– Driver’s license & personal vehicle
– Sales experience
– People/conversational skills
– Intermediate to advanced organizational skills
– Advanced writing skills
– Ability to manage multiple projects as needed
– Able to work in fast paced environment at times
– Ability to learn sponsor prospecting and cultivation
The Development Fellow will act in an ‘assistant’ role to the Development team.
– Assist in planning and executing Development goals
– Recruit and organize Sponsors and Sponsor information
– Occasional events to be worked on Saturdays and Sundays, which will be clearly planned in advance
For more information on Shelby Farms Park Conservancy, visit their website.