About Shelby Farms Park Conservancy
Shelby Farms Park lies in the heart of Shelby County in Memphis, Tennessee on 4,500 acres of green space and 6.5 miles of urban trail. It’s a community treasure, unrivaled in size and potential anywhere else in the United States.
Shelby Farms Park Conservancy (the Conservancy) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that manages and operates Shelby Farms Park and the Shelby Farms Greenline in a public-private partnership with Shelby County Government. That means the land that comprises the Park and Greenline remains publicly owned, and the Conservancy is responsible for daily management, fundraising to meet operations budget needs, setting the vision for the Park’s future and stewarding its unique natural resources.
Desired Skills for Fellow
– Driver’s license + personal vehicle
– Intermediate to advanced organizational skills
– Advanced writing skills
– Proficient in Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint)
– Working knowledge of Google Drive (preferred)
– Excellent time management skills
– Ability to manage short-term and long-term projects simultaneously
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
The Communications Fellow will assist the Communications Coordinator with short-term and long-term projects, including copy writing and content creation.
– Creation of e-newsletter on a bi-weekly basis
– Assist in tasks related to marketing events
– Copy writing + content development for website
For more information on Shelby Farms Park Conservancy, visit their website.