About ALSAC / St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Since opening 50 years ago, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has changed the way the world treats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. No family ever pays St. Jude for the care their child receives and, for every child treated here, thousands more have been saved worldwide through St. Jude discoveries.The hospital has played a pivotal role in pushing U.S. pediatric cancer survival rates from 20 to 80 percent overall, and is the first and only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center devoted to children. It is also a leader in the research and treatment of blood disorders and infectious diseases in children. St. Jude was founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas, who believed that no child should die in the dawn of life.
Skills Desired for ALSAC / St. Jude Media Productions Services Fellow
Knowledge – Requires a degree of judgment; ability to speak and write clearly and concisely for internal and external relationships. Requires good oral and written communication skills, knowledge of basic production practices and techniques. Working knowledge of non-linear editing systems, creative software applications and Microsoft Office applications preferred. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university, as a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student (in good standing) and have a major in broadcast or video production, journalism, or communications.
ALSAC / St. Jude Media Productions Services Fellow Responsibilities
– Responsible for providing support through an internship to ALSAC’s marketing and fundraising efforts. Under supervision of the Manager, Media Production Services the Intern, Media Production Services provides technical and creative support for the production of ALSAC video projects.
– Production support responsibilities may include transporting and setting up production equipment, teleprompter operation, boom operation and any other production tasks as assigned by on-set production lead.
– Provide post-production support for ALSAC video production projects. Post-production support includes organization of captured media, logging and transcribing of video and audio interviews, output and mastering of final project files and any other post-production tasks as assigned by producers or editors.
– Supports the Sr. Specialist, Media Asset Management in the organization and cataloging of the ALSAC media asset library and deep video archive.
– Archive support includes reviewing of existing archive material, logging and transcribing of archive interviews, organization of existing hard-media archive assets and any other archive tasks as assigned by Creative Media Services staff.
– Supports Media Production Services in the maintenance and upkeep of the ALSAC studio facility by assisting in the organized set-up, break-down and storage of studio and production equipment.
– Assists Digital Media Production in the mastering, encoding, posting and distribution of video projects. Assists in the scheduling and organization of broadcast media recordings.
– Supports Creative Media Services producers in the research, planning and creative development of video projects as assigned – including conducting pre-interviews, logging and transcribing of recorded interviews, gathering and organization of existing media assets including video, audio and photography.
To learn more about ALSAC / St. Jude, visit their website.