About ALSAC / St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Since opening 50 years ago, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has changed the way the world treats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. No family ever pays St. Jude for the care their child receives and, for every child treated here, thousands more have been saved worldwide through St. Jude discoveries.The hospital has played a pivotal role in pushing U.S. pediatric cancer survival rates from 20 to 80 percent overall, and is the first and only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center devoted to children. It is also a leader in the research and treatment of blood disorders and infectious diseases in children. St. Jude was founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas, who believed that no child should die in the dawn of life.
Skills Desired for ALSAC / St. Jude Marketing Research Fellow
Requires a degree of judgment; ability to speak and write clearly and concisely for internal and external relationships. Requires good oral and written communication skills; ability to understand verbal and written instructions; knowledge of computer applications including, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and related analytical skills. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university, as a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student (in good standing) and have a major in Marketing, Business Administration, Psychology, Information Technology or related field of study, and be at least 18 years of age.
ALSAC / St. Jude Marketing Research Fellow Responsibilities
– Provide support to ALSAC’s Marketing Research & Analysis department
– Assist the marketing research department with analyzing market research data and database administration
– Assist in creating marketing research reports and manuals, as requested. Requires use of a personal computer.
– Assist in assessing donor and event participant satisfaction through a variety of methodological techniques, including primary and secondary marketing research and database analysis related to donor or consumer behavior
– Assist in entering survey data and categorizing donor/participant comments
– Answer telephones and assist with other office support as needed
To learn more about ALSAC / St. Jude, visit their website.