About ALSAC / St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Since opening 50 years ago, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has changed the way the world treats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. No family ever pays St. Jude for the care their child receives and, for every child treated here, thousands more have been saved worldwide through St. Jude discoveries.The hospital has played a pivotal role in pushing U.S. pediatric cancer survival rates from 20 to 80 percent overall, and is the first and only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center devoted to children. It is also a leader in the research and treatment of blood disorders and infectious diseases in children. St. Jude was founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas, who believed that no child should die in the dawn of life.
Skills Desired for ALSAC / St. Jude Creative Services / Graphic Design Fellow
Requires a degree of judgment; ability to speak and write clearly and concisely for internal and external relationships. Requires good oral and written communication skills. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university, as a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student (in good standing) and have a major in Fine Art/Graphic Design, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications and be at least 18 years of age. Multicultural marketing experience preferred for select markets/projects. Fine Art/Graphic Design degree highly preferred.
SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint; Adobe: Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator.
ALSAC / St. Jude Creative Services / Graphic Design Fellow Responsibilities
– Provide support to ALSAC’s Marketing/Creative Services and fundraising efforts .
– Provide assistance to Creative Services/Graphics on planning, coordinating and executing fundraising campaigns.
– Must follow art direction; meet with lead designers and marketing partners.
– Assist in preparing design layouts, printing and reviewing proofs.
– Misc. requests include but are not limited to: image scans, logo prep, ordering & retouching photos, reformatting / resizing files, etc.
To learn more about ALSAC / St. Jude, visit their website.