About ALSAC / St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Since opening 50 years ago, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has changed the way the world treats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. No family ever pays St. Jude for the care their child receives and, for every child treated here, thousands more have been saved worldwide through St. Jude discoveries.The hospital has played a pivotal role in pushing U.S. pediatric cancer survival rates from 20 to 80 percent overall, and is the first and only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center devoted to children. It is also a leader in the research and treatment of blood disorders and infectious diseases in children. St. Jude was founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas, who believed that no child should die in the dawn of life.
Skills Desired for ALSAC / St. Jude Brand Ambassador / Tour Team Fellow
Requires a degree of judgment; ability to speak and write clearly and concisely for internal and external relationships. Requires good oral and written communication skills, knowledge of Word and Excel. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university, as a junior, senior or graduate student (in good standing) and have a major in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Hospitality and Resort Management, Business or related field of study.
ALSAC / St. Jude Brand Ambassador / Tour Team Fellow Responsibilities
Develop customer service skills by corresponding by phone and email with volunteers and donors to schedule tours and manage tour surveys.
– Give mock tour prior to first tour.
– Give a minimum of 2 tours per work week.
– Research other assignments as given.
– Create a daily “internship to-do list” indicating priority.
– Update databases as events and tours end.
– Attend tour training courses and Brand Ambassador training.
– Shadow team members on various events and planning meetings.
– Assist with logistics of planning the event, event or tour preparation, and work large events.
– Attend all team meetings.
To learn more about ALSAC / St. Jude, visit their website.