About Baptist Memorial Health Care
Baptist Memorial Health Care is dedicated to the health and well-being of the many communities we serve. We are committed to building partnerships with community organizations to improve the health and vitality of our communities throughout the Mid-South. We believe strongly in corporate citizenship and recognize the importance of collaboration with local organizations to build stronger and healthier communities. Each year, Baptist contributes and provides in-kind services to more than 100 nonprofit organizations through programs, seminars, health fairs, board participation, events, employee engagement and more. We interface and collaborate with a broad range of nonprofits and local community organizations to support initiatives to improve health, education, environment, public safety, employment and economic development in our communities. We understand that the entire community benefits when people are physically, mentally and spiritually healthy.
Desired Skills for Fellow
– Must be an undergraduate student or hold a bachelor’s degree
– Must have taken at least one newswriting or public relations class
– Must be proficient in Microsoft Word
– Must have excellent communications skills
– Must have at least a 3.0 grade point average
– College senior or graduate preferred
Baptist Memorial Health Care, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit integrated health care systems, is seeking an energetic and self-motivated PR Fellow to work with its system public relations department. The student should have the ability to work on tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously. The candidate must demonstrate solid knowledge of Associated Press style and fundamental journalism skills.
The Fellow will report directly to the public relations director and will have the opportunity to do the following:
– Write and distribute news releases, articles and news advisories
– Pitch stories to area journalists
– Coordinate and attend media interviews
– Write online content
– Support staff projects and assignments
– Conduct project research
– Other duties as assigned
To learn more about Baptist Memorial Health Care, go to their website.