About First Tennessee Bank
First Tennessee is a community-focused regional bank that makes its home in Tennessee, where it has earned the largest market share of business and individual customers. First Tennessee has the most loyal customer base in Tennessee and one of the highest customer retention rates of any bank in the country. Its promise, be the best at serving its customers, one opportunity at a time – it’s what, First Tennessee, a part of the First Horizon National Corporation family of companies does each day, serving families and businesses through about 170 locations statewide. First Tennessee offers an innovative list of products and services that provide value and convenience throughout your life and the life of your business.
This fellowship will be part of the MID SOUTH COMMERCIAL BANKING and METRO DIVISION. The Commercial Banking Group is responsible for managing the banking relationships of businesses based in the Mid South/Memphis area. The Metro Division manages the banking relationships of large corporate accounts, calling on clients and prospects throughout the Southeast. Specific responsibilities of the group include:
– Assisting the clients with daily banking needs (transactions, troubleshooting, general banking questions).
– Growing the revenue to the bank through prospecting, additional product sales to clients, and referrals to other banking groups.
– Underwriting of all large credit facilities and continuous credit review and monitoring.
This Fellowship will provide:
– Knowledge of the company’s First Power culture, vision and mission statements.
– A broader perspective on how First Tennessee services the community and region as a whole.
– The opportunity to acquire specific skills that are needed to achieve professional goals and aspirations.
– Hands-on work experience in the field.
– The opportunity to participate in and/or lead the completion of assigned, short-term projects requested by managers.
HOURS: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Average 40 hours per week.)
The Fellow will support various managers and activities within the departments. Primarily, the position will assist with project or program work.
Some specific duties may include:
– Assisting with the receiving of credit requests and assisting with the approval/decline decisions within established policy, guidelines, and turnaround times.
– Assisting with underwriting real estate related credit requests. Learning how to document decisions properly and completely with particular diligence given to explanations of overrides or variances, to include a narrative to explain credit decisions.
– Working with the loan administration and client specialists to manage delinquencies on loans; reports troublesome loans to the senior credit officer and commercial line manager on a timely basis. Ensures that the systems of record are accurate for the loans being administered; ensures that management information is reported timely and accurately; obtains satisfactory loan reviews and ensures that regular audits are performed.