About Duncan Williams
Founded in 1969, Duncan-Williams, Inc. is a family and employee-owned investment firm headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee. Although our roots are in the Southeast, we have grown into a nationally recognized, full-service financial services provider serving clients in all 50 states from offices across the country.
Today, Duncan-Williams is better prepared than ever to address even the most complex financial challenges. We have expanded our capabilities across asset classes and financial markets, giving our clients broad access to an ever-changing world of financial opportunity.
At Duncan-Williams, we know that our success depends on yours. That’s why, without exception, everyone in our firm is dedicated to building relationships based on trust, integrity and professionalism. These core values, together with an unwavering commitment to quality, characterize everything we do.
Desired Skills for Fellow
We are looking for interns that are enthusiastic, intelligent, creative and ambitious students to be Fellows.
Fellows must have:
– An overall GPA of 3.00 or higher
– Graduation date must be within the next year of the internship (Grad students exempt)
– Ability to work 40 hours a week for the entire program (8 to 10 weeks)
– Ability to live and work in Memphis, TN for the duration of the internship
– Basic concepts, practices and procedures of Financial Industry
– Exceptional skills Microsoft Office application, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Exercising judgment and self-direction to independently complete projects
– Business and communication skills sufficient to work in a professional environment
– Learn and document new procedures independently and accurately.
– Learn new software packages and systems thoroughly and efficiently.
– Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
– Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
– Read, interpret, analyze and apply information from professional publications
– Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
– Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
– Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
– Responsibility- throughout the program you have responsibilities and tasks that are given to you that you will be solely responsible. Some of these will include updating databases, developing contact leads, filling reports, customer service and projects based on intellectual property.
– Learning – Throughout the program you will participate in learning series focused on the financial industry. This will include lectures, personal study, and projects that will challenge you to develop practical skills that will help you to have a competitive advantage when career searching.
– Professional Development – Your work will be challenging and realistic. There are workshops in which we develop professional skills needed in the corporate work place. (Resume building, Technology etiquette, corporate memo/letter writing, Interviews dos & don’ts)
– Networking – You will have a chance to meet and interact with senior executives at a variety of meetings. In addition we participate in the Leadership Academy: The Summer Experience which provides a vast opportunity to network with other summer interns in a variety of fields along with the business professionals that over see those businesses.
– Guidance – You will be paired with a full time employee to act as a mentor for one-on-one guidance during your time with us
• Service & Culture – Through community service we develop an appreciation for our community and the individuals in it.